South Brent & District Caring
South Brent Old School Community Centre, Totnes Road, South Brent, TQ10 9BP
Tel: 01364 700282 Registered Charity No: 1150875
South Brent & District Caring is looking to award a new contract for an Office Manager/administrator owing to recent changes in the coordinating office.
Established in 2012 the Charity has grown quickly and built a strong local reputation for supporting elderly, vulnerable and isolated people in the rural communities of South Brent, Rattery, Diptford and North Huish, helping clients achieve their vision of as full, active and independent a life as is possible for them. This is achieved by local volunteers delivering a range of services such as befriending, transport to health appointments, regular Lunch Clubs, Coffee Mornings, Wednesday afternoon group as well as one off help ranging from light gardening to moving home. The Charity runs an office at the Old School Community Centre open weekday mornings. This provides a contact point for all enquiries and information. Client referrals range from the most basic to very complex multi-agency situations. The Charity does not provide personal care. A DBS check will be required.
The successful candidate will be self-employed under a Contract for Services, initially for 12 months (first two months probationary), based on 16 hours per week at £10.70 per hour. Based on 4 mornings per week Tuesday to Friday 9.30am to 1.30pm.
The following attributes and skills would need to be demonstrated at interview and supported by each candidate’s application:
- Self- motivated energetic and resourceful with a proven ability to work on your own
- Excellent people and communication skills with a calm and patient manner when working with clients
- Up to date highly competent IT skills especially in MS Access and MS Office generally and Windows 10
- Office management and organisational skills with a process based approach to work
- Flexible attitude to the wider commitments in the community such as promotional/fundraising events
- Previous work experience in administration and running an office
- Experience in marketing and working with media outlets
- Previous experience in the caring sector
- Experience of handling petty cash
- Experience of updating Websites
- Familiarity with remote / video communication methods e.g. Skype/Zoom/Teams
To apply, please send your C.V. and a covering letter describing your suitability for the position to the address above or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on 20th August 2021. Interviews will take place on the 26th August 2021. It is anticipated that the new Office Manager/Administrator will be in post by 7th September 2021, and start a period of induction and training, particularly on the CareLink database.
We welcome all applications irrespective of race, colour, gender, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, creed or age. If you have any questions about the prospective post before applying then please contact the office by phone or email above and we would be delighted to discuss it with you.
We also welcome applications to job-share this post. You would need to send your applications together and demonstrate how handover and seamless communications would be achieved within the contracted hours.
Interviews will be conducted in a safe environment compliant with the government guidelines at the time and candidates should be prepared for an interview outdoors and without a tour of the working environment. In addition, some home working may be required depending on the ongoing situation.
Post: Office Manager/administrator, South Brent & District Caring
Responsible to: Caring Services Co-ordinator
Job Purpose: To Co-ordinate all aspects of the services provided by South Brent & District Caring, liaising with a wide range of service users, volunteers, voluntary sector and statutory sector stakeholders to ensure the best possible outcomes for clients commensurate with current available resources.
Oversee the day to day operation of the Caring office and ensure effective referral, signposting, volunteer registration and general administration
Hours of work: 16 hours per week
- Provide office cover during our drop in sessions 10am – 12 noon Tuesday to Friday
- Coordinate transport services including hospital volunteer transport, weekly shopping trips and monthly outings.
- Field all enquiries and messages coming into the office (by phone, e-mail and visits in person), process these and follow them through to outcome.
- Take responsibility for all communications within the organisation and out to the Clients, Volunteers and wider community. Some communications can be delegated to volunteers but the job holder remains ultimately responsible.
- Maintain the Carelink database updating records efficiently and regularly with Client, Volunteer information and activity, working closely with the Care Service Co-ordinator.
- Through maintaining Carelink and extracting reports provide service evaluation including reports for management and trustee meetings. Also encourage and collect feedback and anecdotes from Clients and Volunteers
- Help develop and maintain a new system for quickly providing services and support to vulnerable residents requiring shielding from a contagious epidemic. (COVID-19 legacy)
- Maintain membership records and promote the scheme.
- General promotion and marketing as required to recruit volunteers, promote fund raising events and advertising Caring services.
- Take the lead role organising some fund raising or promotional events as shared and agreed with others in the Management team.
- Be an office ‘anchor’ for the Care Service Co-ordinator, supporting with record keeping, facilitating communications and working in close partnership.
- Maintain a tidy and organised office maintaining stocks of forms and other materials, clear written procedures and a welcome and easy environment for other users.
- Maintain and manage petty cash, keeping records and reconciling twice per month.
- Attend Management Committee meetings, typically 6 per year in the evenings.
- Ensure the service continually improves in line with the Business Plan and external regulatory requirements, including seeking new ways of working and new initiatives for improvement.
- Assist the Management Committee and Board of Trustees with the development and implementation of the fundraising plan.
- Assist the Management Committee and Board of Trustees with the Business Planning process.
- Receive regular supervision and appraisal and undertake any relevant training as appropriate.
- Undertake any other duties as required by the Management Committee and Board of Trustees commensurate with the designation and salary level of the post.